TELEMEDICINE CLINIC INSTRUCTIONS
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Orthopedic Associates of Hawaii will be initiating telemedicine service to continue to provide care to our patients. This will allow your surgeon to evaluate your musculoskeletal condition via a virtual video conference from the safety of your own home. This is similar to using FaceTime or Skype.
In order to protect sensitive patient information and remain compliant with federal healthcare regulations, these visits with be conducted through a called ExamMed.
The basic requirements to participate in this program include a valid email address, an internet connection and a device with audio/video capability. Please see below for a complete list of compatible devices and internet browsers.
- Computer with webcam and microphone installed
- Apple iPhone
- Android or Samsung SmartPhone
- Any tablet or SmartPhone with the cabability to for FaceTime / Skype / Google Duo.
- You will need to have a compatible web browser on your device
Compatible Web Brower (updated versions)
- Google Chrome (recommended)
It is also highly recommended that your device is connected to the internet (Ethernet cable or Wifi) to prevent excessive data use on your cellular plan.
Please read the attached instructions to join the videoconference at 5 min prior to your appointment time.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during the COVID-19 crisis.
Orthopedic Associates of Hawaii
Instructions for Connecting to TeleMedicine Visit on ExamMed:
1. You will receive an email once your visit has been scheduled to confirm the time and date. It should be similar to the example below.
2. You will receive a second email 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Please click on the link (shown below) in the email to start your video conference with your doctor.
3. On your computer you will link directly to your virtual visit. If you are using your smartphone or tablet, you will be directed to a webpage (as shown to the right) , please click on the link through the browser as circled. You do not need to download the app.
4. The link will then open up your camera and microphone (if your computer/phone asks to have access to your camera and phone please allow it to) and it will automatically start the program for you as below:
5. When your appointment is done, simply press the “X” button at the top right corner of the screen to end the appointment and you are done!